Tuesday 15 March 2011

IMAM BAILDI


IMAM BAILDIDESCRIPTION
Imam Baildi is also known as stuffed eggplant.

INGREDIENTS
1. 2lbs Japanese eggplant
2. 2\3 cup olive oil
3. 2 cups onions thinly sliced
4. 3-4 cloves garlic sliced thin
5. 2 cups sliced tomatoes
6. 1\2 cup of water
7. 1 teaspoon of oregano
8. 1 teaspoon of sugar
9. salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Cut ends off the eggplants.
3. Make an opening for the stuffing by using a knife.
4. In a skillet heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil over a medium heat.
5. Fry the eggplant gently.
6. Remove the eggplant from the skillet and place in an 8’’x8’’ baking dish.
7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8. Add the remainder of the olive oil to the same skillet.
9. Fry the onions and garlic in it until they are slightly brown.
10. Add the fresh tomatoes and half a cupful of water to the skillet.
11. Add the oregano, sugar, more salt and pepper.
12. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
13. Fill the eggplants with the stuffing from the heat.
14. They will be slightly open as they don’t need to be closed back over the stuffing mixture.
15. Bake for 40 minutes; basting them at least once.

CREATED BY KRILI SOPHIA

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering
    which blog platform are you using for this website?

    I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Here is my blog post - diet that works

    ReplyDelete